Taavi Tulev - Rand / Beach

Artist: Taavi Tulev Album: Rand / Beach Label: Self-Released Genre: Electronic, Ambient, Experimental Just like last week'...


Artist: Taavi Tulev
Album: Rand / Beach
Genre: Electronic, Ambient, Experimental

Just like last week's releases by Alphatronic, I have a CD here, which I thought I saw before already. Like it's predecessor 'Kuku!' this new work by Taavi Tulev comes in a digipack with a separate sheet of stickers which you can stick on the cover yourself, but upon closer inspection this turns out to be a beach. Maybe Tulev took my advise from the previous review and decided this to change the twenty-one minute of a forest into an one hour recording of a beach side. Just that and nothing else, and that's no change with the previous release. It is recorded "at Tsitre, a sandy strip of beach in Lahemaa National Park. It's pitch black and dead calm night. You can hear only the lapping waves. The sky is cloud covered, though in time the clouds dissipate to reveal a clear night sky. A giant orange moon sets in the sea." That's what Tulev share with us. I don't believe there is nothing much to say, other than this a beautiful recording of sea waves washing ashore, for fifty-four minutes — plus a small gap of six empty minutes, perhaps to make up the request for a full hour. I quite enjoyed this pure field recording; at the same I realize many people would say: I can do that too. Then feel free to do it.

Written by Frans de Waard via Vital Weekly

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires